Friday, October 26, 2007

An Electric Prayer For Derek Bailey

Friends,

Tonight I get to make another one of my dreams become reality. When Derek Bailey passed away on X-mas day in 2005, I conceived a tribute to him called An Electric Prayer for Derek Bailey. It took almost 2 years to finally realize but tonight this show is happening.

I will be conducting a large improvisational ensemble that consists primarily of electric guitars, through written instructions and object cues, and have put together quite a talented group.

I hope to see ya tonight!

Friday October 26th
8 pm
South Union Arts
1352 South Union Avenue
Chicago Il
www.southunionarts.com

the group:

e gtars:
jesse thomas
bill mackay
dave bernabo
p. michael grego
travis
brian labycz
neil jendon
travers gauntt
don ramon

bass:
c.ezra lange
alex wing

horns/reeds:
jim ford
dean giavaras

drums:
charles rumback
ben billington

No comments: